For many Cincinnati, OH companies, abrasive flow machining (AFM) is an integral part of their manufacturing process. AFM is a technique that uses an abrasive extrude hone media to polish and grind away burrs and other surface imperfections that can affect the intended function of a workpiece. It provides an efficient and cost-effective way to surface finish a wide range of parts.
If you are familiar with AFM, then you know that the success of any AFM job depends on the abrasive media, or extrude hone media used during the process.
Extrude Hone Media for Just About Any Job
Deburring & Finishing Technologies is a leading supplier of extrude hone media in Cleveland OH. Our extrude hone media is used for many applications, including:
- Die Polishing
- Medical Devices
- 3D Printing
- Diesel Fuel Systems
- High Purity Semiconductors
We have years of experience formulating and mixing exude hone media. Customers can choose from a wide selection of abrasives, including silicon carbide, aluminum oxide, boron carbide, and diamond abrasives. Some of the benefits they realize from using Deburring & Finishing Technologies extrude media include:
- Greatly reduced surface roughness
- Ideal for finishing hard-to-reach inner surfaces
- Improves the quality and reliability of a part
- Consistent and repeatable results
- Reduced cycle times
- Roughing and finishing can be completed with a single pass
Custom Extrude Hone Media in Cincinnati, OH
Deburring & Finishing Technologies understands the challenges manufacturers face when it comes to delivering a project on time and on budget. That’s why we offer more than 50 different abrasive flow media options. You can choose from a wide range of abrasive materials available in various grit sizes, shapes, densities, hardness, etc. In addition, Deburring & Finishing Technologies has the capabilities to re-engineer our abrasive flow media to exactly match your unique demands.
Examples of our best-selling extrude hone media in Cincinnati, OH includes:
- NM-1000-.33 small hole polishing/sizing in holes ranging from .005 to .020. Typical applications are diesel spray nozzles and fuel rails.
- Low viscosity, 150-grit silicon carbide abrasive, at a ratio of 1.5# to 1# of the total chemistry (otherwise known as LV-150-1.5). It is one of our most widely used abrasive media and is often used for vinyl and aluminum extrusion dies, especially in EDM recast. This is best for profile openings that run around .020.
- HV-54-2, another top seller, is high in viscosity and stiff enough to be used in significantly sized holes and castings. The 54-grit abrasiveness of two to one is perfect for improving the finish in large interior dimensions and castings.
- Gel-like abrasive flow medium for diesel spray nozzles, STM-1200-3 (shear thinning media).
Your First Choice for High-Quality Extrude Hone Media in Cincinnati, OH
Deburring & Finishing Technologies is a company built to meet all your abrasive flow machining needs. We’ve been providing the highest quality AFM equipment, extrude hone media, and service to businesses in Cincinnati, OH since 2009. Contact Deburring & Finishing Technologies through our website or call us at (412) 849-1522 to learn more about our abrasive flow media and other services.