We don’t like to waste time so we developed an extrude hone media that doesn’t clog or separate. Having to restart the AFM process due to media issues is a huge time waster and drove us to develop the best media in the industry. Fully custom engineered to perfection for whatever project you need, we’ll work with you to figure out the specs required.
If you operate Abrasive Flow Machines and need extrude hone media in Los Angeles California, contact Deburring & Finishing Technologies where we have a combined 60 years of experience. Call us today at (412) 849-1522 or reach out to us on our Contact Page. Get it right the first time with our custom extrude hone media.
Media Engineered Just for You
Specifications that are needed naturally change from project to project, and the same goes with extrude hone media. Each component requires its own unique media. Just because you used our NM-1000-.33 media for small hole polishing/sizing, doesn’t mean that would also be effective for diesel spray nozzles.
Our fully customized extrude hone media has many benefits to help you control the quality and cost of production. By using our media, you are making the smart economical choice by not having to waste money on inferior, low-quality media that will likely clog or separate. Working with our team of engineers, the risk of choosing the wrong media for your project is eliminated. No more wasting resources. No more wasting time. You get it right the first time with Deburring & Finishing Technologies.
Our Top Sellers
- LV-150-1.5 is one of our most widely used abrasive media. It consists of a 150-grit, low-viscosity silicon carbide abrasive, at a ratio of 1.5# to 1# of the total chemistry. Typical applications are aluminum and vinyl extrusion dies for EDM “recast” removal with profile openings of around .020.
- NM-1000-.33 is for small hole polishing/sizing in holes ranging from .005 to .020. Typical applications are diesel spray nozzles and fuel rails.
- HV-54-2 is another popular choice. HV-54-2 has a very high viscosity and is stiff enough for large holes and castings, with a 54-grit abrasive of 2 to 1 to improve the finish in castings and large interior dimensions.
- STM-1200-3 is a gel-like abrasive flow media for diesel spray nozzles, described as a shear-thinning media.
- DIAMOND ABRASIVE FLOW MEDIA is used for polishing hard-to-machine carbide dies
Extrude Hone Media for Los Angeles, California
If you are in the Extrude Hone Machinery industry, you need the highest quality media on the market. Deburring & Finishing Technologies can provide that just for you. Call (412) 849-1522 to speak with an expert engineer and figure out the media that is best for you. You can also reach out to us by filling out a quick form on our Contact Page.